Thursday, July 15, 2010

The many faces, and names, of Mara

This last weekend a friend of our family came to visit who have a lil chick the same age as Mara. They are a beautiful family but one think they do, or dont do, I find very funny. They only call their lil girl - by her name - gasp!
We do no such thing. I will be impressed if my baby knows her name by her 3rd birthday.
I have been going through the pages that I hope to be doing for Mara's scrapbook (but I need to stop sewing to do so, so you know...) one of these pages will be dedicated to all the monikers we've given this lil munchkin.
Booboo Mummsie MarMay MaraMum StinkyBaby PolpelMaedchen
any form of: Chickadee Chick-er-dee ChickPants ChickChick Chicken ...
So, although I desperately love her given name of Mara Chrysanthemum Eaton...
I dont see how any one, any one, ever her mother, can refrain from seeing this child and ...
NOT call her a lil Weirdo!

~Much Love
Mother of StinkeyLilMarMayChicker

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I like the ":-O" picture more or the one where she seems to have pulled out EVERYTHING in that cabinent... And can you please explain this nickname: PolpelMaedchen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the rough translation is "Little Bugger Girl"

    ReplyDelete