Monday, June 28, 2010

After Four Years

On Wednesday of this week my mate and I will celebrate (if he remembers) our 4th anniversary. Therefore, I will preface this post by saying - I truly love my husband.
Now, if you are married, you should know exactaly where I'm going with this.
Michael is, by most standards, a clean guy. He's lived on his own and had to clean up after himself and I think that taught him some good lessons - however, he has gotten a bit lax (read: spoiled) over the almost half a decade we've been together, particularly in the laundry department.
I only have a few pet peve's with his cleanliness and this would probably be #2....#3....#....
Anyways-
He leaves his clothes everywhere. Clean. Dirty. Everywhere.
So I caught myself talking about it to, well, myself. The conversation went as follows:

"Is this dirty? Was he wearing this yesterday? Earlier today?"
"You could sniff it to see..."
"I am not going to sniff it!"
"Well, then I guess we'll just call it dirty"
"AAAg. I dont want to wash it if I dont have to - dont tell me to sniff it again - there's got to be a better way to figure this out. I wish...I wish there was like a place that you could put clothes that are dirty, and then they're out of the way, and then you would know that the clothes that are laying out are clean...or clean enough to be put away... I wish there was like a designated area like that."
"You mean like, the hamper?"
"Shut up."


~n

3 comments:

  1. Lol! I have the same problem with Jeff. I too sometimes leave my clothing on our bedroom floor, but my clothes are very typically clean, and have just fallen out of the clean laundry baskets. The dirty ones always go IN the hamper. Jeff, on the other hand, likes to mix his dirty clothes in with our clean ones, and I DO have to go around "sniffing" his clothing to separate them. Oh, and he has dozens of dirty pairs of socks spread throughout our apt. at once, ugh. Fun times! Such is the life of a wife, lol. Hope you guys had a happy 4th Anniversary! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love it: "'You mean like, the hamper?' 'Shut up.'" I can see/hear you having this conversation.

    ReplyDelete