Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sew, this is what I do

sew , to start us off, this dress I made today in like two minutes. I have found a love for elastic thread. the dress is made out of one of M's dress shirts. I have patterns to make some really cute dresses out of guy's shirts, but they're all too big of sizes. So I made this one up on my own.

I made these pj pants last night. (no, really, this is all I do - besides take care of MaraMum - everythign you see here is constructed after bed time or during naps...if she takes them..) I wasnt sure how they would turn out, they're bit on the big side and the fabric is a linen, but i guess they turned out alright seeing as i slept in them all night - notice the wrinkles...

these are some boy burp clothes. gifts to give. I LOVE LOVE the fabric at Ikea. Yes, they sell everything.
I got the fabric for this skirt at Ikea too. This is another of my "designs" i just wrapped the fabric around (figuring out the darts was a bit tricky) added a pleat and zipper and - skirt!



K, so my sister in law is "letting me borrow" this way cute baby sewing book and these booty-pants / bloomers are the best thing out of there yet!
some target shirts I tried to "J-Crew up"

some "leashes" (hey Shila, if your reading, I still need your new address. The top one is for you - unless you think you're lil guy is into the "wild cat" look :)
I had a pattern to make baby fabric shoes (as you might have seen) and this is my first try at adapting them to adult sizes. My dearest and oldest friend will be my pattern-tester, and hopefully there will be more to come.


and then this is for a drear friend's lil chick. she gives us tons for way cute stuff her lil one grows out of so this is me trying to return the favor.
and last is just a lil diaper bag pouch I made. I was tired of using ziplocks.

sew, there you go. I'd welcome your comments on any of my work.
more to come and much love
~Mother of Mara

6 comments:

  1. I just love the yellow flowered dress! Everything is so cute!

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I hate reading your blog because I am so totally jealous of all you get to make!! Yet, here I am returning and trying not to sin! :) I have got to get my machine fixed, again! Everything looks great. I love your skirt, so If you get tired of sewing them for yourself, you can always add another yard and make one my size. Although I prefer a full a-line to hide, ummm, stuff! ;) Your so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Sarah I miss you! If you ever hear Fabric Depot calling your name again, let me know and I will be by your side! SOMEDAY we will have to do a craft day together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. The shoes she made me (black w/ blue and white lining) were AWESOME and very wearable (I'm actually wearing them as I type).
    2. The skirt you made and t-shirts you embellished were really cute too! I adore the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good sewing Nicki, especially since you taught yourself how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole! the dress you made for Mimi is SOOOO cute! the next time she wears it, I'll take a picture so you can post it on your blog. Also, If you're looking to get some publicity for your store, my friend runs a blog called makeitandloveit.com and she promotes a lot of DIY mamas. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete